Saturday, August 22, 2015

Mission Impossible: Top 10 for 2015

Fifty-three days past the midway point, and I am already overwhelmed by the music I've purchased this year. Seriously. How am I ever going to whittle this list down to 10 CDs in four months. It seems as though every singer/songwriter and band that I really love picked 2015 to drop new music. It is a good problem to have, but it is a problem.

Here are my current 2015 purchases:

Alabama Shakes, Sound & Color
Amos Lee, Live at Red Rocks
Beth Bombara; Beth Bombara
City and Colour, If I Should Go Before You - Pre-Ordered
Dawes, All Your Favorite Bands
Death Cab for Cutie, Kintsugi
Dustin Kensrue, Cary the Fire
Fallout Boy, American Beauty / American Psycho
Glen Hansard, Didn't He Ramble - Pre-Ordered
Indigo Girls, One Lost Day
James Bay, Chaos and the Calm
Jason Isbell, Something More Than Free
Jeffery Foucault, Salt as Wolves
Mumford & Sons, Wilder Mind
Patty Griffin, Servant of Love - Pre-Ordered
Ryan Adams, Live at Carnegie Hall
Samantha Crain, Under Branch & Thorn & Tree
Samantha Fish, Wildheart
Silversun Pickups, Better Nature - Pre-Ordered
Stevie Harris, Kind of Broken Hearts
The Damnwells, The Damnwells
The Decemberists, What a Terrible World, What a Beautiful World
The Frames, Longitude
The Kins, EP
The Oh Hellos, Dear Wormwood - Pre-Ordered
Wilco, Star Wars


I am pretty confident that American Beauty/American Psycho will not make the list, nor will One Lost Day, and I am fairly certain that the final Top 10 for 2015 will include Sound & Color, Something More Than Free, and What a Terrible World, What a Beautiful World, but everything else is TBD.

Oh, I did decide that the live CDs from Ryan Adams and Amos Lee will get honorable mentions but not be on the official Top 10, since they do not present new music but are absolutely amazing. Other than that, everything is TBD.

Wish me well over the coming months, and if you can think of CDs that are not on this list but should be, please drop me a comment.

I'll leave you with a little Amos Lee.


No comments:

Post a Comment